close

1.「 During the whole of a dull,dark soundless day
在那年秋季枯燥,灰暗而瞑寂的某個長日裡
  
In the autumn of that year, when the clouds hung oppressively low in heaven
沉重的雲層低懸於天穹之上
  
I had been passing alone on the horse's back
我獨自一人策馬前行
  
Through the Singularly,dreary tract in the country
穿過這片陰沉的,異域般的鄉間土地
  
and at length found myself, as the shades of the evening drew on
最終,當夜幕緩緩降臨的時候
  
Within the view of melancholy House of Usher
厄舍府清冷的景色展現在我眼前
  
I know not how it was
我未曾目睹它過往的模樣
  
But with the first glimpse of the building, a sense of insufferable gloom pervaded my spirit
但僅憑方才的一瞥,某種難以忍受的陰鬱便浸透了我的內心
  
I looked upon the scene before me the simple landscape features of the domain
我望著宅邸周圍稀疏的景物
  
Upon the bleak walls,upon the white trunks of decayed trees
圍牆荒蕪,衰敗的樹遍體透著白色
  
With the utter depression souls
我的靈魂失語了
  
There was an iciness
我的心在冷卻
  
A sinking.
下沉
  
A sickening of the heart 
顯出疲軟的病態

 

2. 有一種感覺無時不縈繞在我的腦海裡,我對自己很誠實,我不再年輕,我正在老去,開始厭倦自己身體裡的靈魂,有好幾次,我用光了所有表情,從人群中倉皇逃走。

 

3.

So, to defend ourselves, and fighting against the stimulating of this dumbs into our thought processors.

為了保護我們的頭腦, 阻止這種愚蠢的想法滲入我們的思想進程中。
 
We must learn to read, to stimulate our imagination, to cultivate our own consciousness、our own 
belief systems.
我們要學會閱讀,用以刺激我們的想像力,耕耘它以提高我們的自我意識、我們的信仰系統。
 
We all need these skills to defend,to preserve our minds.
我們都需要這樣的技巧,用以抵禦,用以保有我們純粹的精神世界。
 
 
4.
And never have I felt so deeply at one and the same time. So detached from myself and so present in the world.
這種感覺從未在我的身上如此刻骨地發生過。我的靈魂與我之間距離如此遙遠,而我的存在卻如此真實。
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Frank 的頭像
    Frank

    Frank's Blog

    Frank 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()